Thursday, December 27, 2007

Poem I- Better late than never


Trinity

To comprehend, I pound my head,
Rigorous and tireless
Into the cathedral floor.
Never able to surmount
Insurmountable heights, which greater men fell before.
To me you remain a mystery.
You, O God are Trinity.

Try as I might to fathom you
Righteously Transcendent
I cannot pierce the mist
Not even with a heart dependent.
If the adage is right, I remain in bliss.
To be Father, Spirit, Son
You, O God are Three in One.

Theology is my joy,
Reaching to heights unmeasured.
I must plumb all the depths
Nor leave any unexamined treasure.
I how’er am made undone
Trying to comprehend thee
You, O God are one and three.

2 comments:

Horace said...

Wonderful!
I especially love the first stanza.

Jennifer said...

frabulous. I give it a 3. definately wrinkled my brow. I especially like the "bliss" line.