Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'm Back


So I'm in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, enjoy:

Beach Haiku:

Kites.
Black wings leap to the air, dragging my sister away, then crash to earth.


Beach Limerick:

There once was a man named Ty
Who once gave cigars a try
On the sand he enjoyed them
'Till the wind destroyed them
Which nearly made the man cry.


Beach Sonnet:

Sorry guys, way too lazy.


So I think I may have hyped up the not-fight too much. I was at the gas station at around 8:00 trying to get to a party at the Horst's, when a small red car whips into the station and a girl jumps out of the passenger seat crying and yelling. She begins to pump gas and begins screaming for the young man in the driver's seat to get out of the car. (I should at this point remind the reader to sprinkle expletives throughout all of the narrative) She continued to yell, he stayed in the car, until he got out with a vengeance. He began yelling at her and began to drag her back into the car. I ran over told him to get his hands off. He turned like he was about to swing, but changed his mind and we exchanged "words" instead. Another man ran up and called the police. I told the boyfriend I really didn't want to get involved, but if he touched her again, I was taking him down, and I waited until the police arrived. As I had not reported the incident I wasn't needed as a witness, and, after telling the girlfriend to drop this moron, I left. Post Script tidbits: She had just turned 18, he is 22. She says he slammed her head into the windshield. He is supposedly an MP for the Marines, which is really a blight on the name of the corps. She's a moron for being with this idiot, He's a moron all the way around. The more people I meet the more I like dogs.

And to answer Kenny's accusation of lameness, I think I'm going to steal an idea from Jen's blog here:

Movie: HBO miniseries, John Adams. Paul Giamati is pure gold.
Music: Artists: Julian Velard, : Album: The Movies Without You, Song: Joni (Buy this)
For the Guys: First, Avo 2, a fine Dominican cigar with a Connecticut wrapper, good draw, smooth but bold taste, and great for the beach. Second, don't touch girls in a harmful way within 200 feet of me, trust me, you'll regret it.
For the Girls: First, Stay away from morons, you'll regret it. Second, Ask Jen.

7 comments:

Amberleigh said...

I heard you were at the beach. How was New Year's there?
Wow it sounds like you know how to handle a situation. I would have probably just watched and been near tears wondering why people are so inhumane sometimes.
One word, crazy.

Unknown said...

You know what they say... inside every poet is a beach sonnet trying to get out.

Horace said...

How's the weather down there?

Nice, I like your beach words. (But isn't a haiku 5-7-5?)

Tyler Antkowiak said...

Ken, I've heard different accounts, but I like the 6-7-4

Erin Brooks said...

Happy New Years - and Happy Ninth Day of Christmas! Nice hat. :) And nice post.
Sweet home Carolina.. enjoy NC for me. :) What part of the Outer Banks are you staying at?

Tyler Antkowiak said...

Corolla

Christian said...

Tyler, you are braver than I. (Bigger, too.)

-Christian L.

www.pushlings.wordpress.com