Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Petty


Petty

The good, the bad, and you
Everything I’m goin’ through
Don’t care ‘bout what you say is true
This, my friend, is long overdue.

Your beautiful, half the time,
Penny for your thoughts, would you shut up for a dime?
The depths I reach for a for a simple rhyme
But the high road is much too far to climb.

Of course you became a mirror
Made me look in places I fear
The chest cavity where I store this drear
Only to find I’m just as petty.


Severely disappointed with myself. Thank God for sanctification.
T

2 comments:

ADG Creative said...

Ah, the burden of being a deep thinker... Ty, you're ability to see past the surface and examine yourself is one of the many reasons I consider you a man after God's own heart. I'm very proud of you.

Valerie (Kyriosity) said...

"Penny for your thoughts, would you shut up for a dime?"

Really liked that line!

~Miss B.